Hayward Industries is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial swimming pool equipment, with strong markets in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Australia and over 60 other countries. Our success with innovative new products and new markets is creating opportunities for dynamic and challenging careers in a number of areas.
For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to customers’ needs and builds in innovation during the design and manufacturing process. The corporate goal is to become the around the world brand of choice for residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
The company, which has built its brand on innovation, energy-efficiency, safety and reliability, includes such brands asOmniLogic®,EcoStar®,TriStar®,Super Pump®,ColorLogic®,CAT Controllers®,AquaRite®andNavigator® Pro.
We invite motivated professionals to share our vision of new growth and product innovation. For consideration please apply on-line at http://careers-haywardnet.icims.com/
The 3rd shift Machine Operator performs repetitive work-station duties by forming metal fabricated parts to produce swimming pool heaters. Essential functions of a Machine Operator include all or any of the following:
- Be able to report to work on 3rd shift. Hours: 10:00pm - 6:30am, Monday - Friday with overtime scheduled as needed. $1.50/hr shift differential
- Performs any fabrication-type function, using brake press or turret punch press.
- Operates press brake to bend/form parts.
- Operate copper tubing machines.
- Adjusts, trim and fitting parts to close tolerances.
- Follows visual aids (standard work) to ensure work is correct.
- May perform testing of assembled product.
- Make up cartons, print labels, insert protective packing material, seal finishing product.
- Meet efficiency rates.
- Perform quality checks to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Work within all safety guidelines and wear all required PPE (steel toe shoes, hearing protection and safety glasses).
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor or team leader.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition - 5S.
- Must be flexible to rotate job assignments within various work cells.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervision.
2 - 5 yrs. of previous manufacturing fabrication experience preferred.
High school diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of simple hand tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between a series of numbers.
- Ability to write and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract/basic math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to lift up to 25lb.
- Ability to stand 90% of shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is regularly required to stand and to continually use hands to finger, handle and operate tools, feel objects to wire or attach to product.