- Employee must complete Inspector Training Process and be able to read blue prints.
- Must be able to perform first piece and first article inspections, conduct a basic BOM audit check of component products and finished goods and be able to review operator adherence to standard work.
- Must be familiar with basic AS400 tasks such as BOM interpretation (including determining the carton label quantity, finding location for a part or finished good, look-up and print), Queries, Warehouse Inventory, Item Master and “Where Used” functions.
- Proficient in the use of basic measurement equipment such as Calipers (Digital/Dial), Torque Wrenches, and various gauges such as Calipers, Thread, Go/No Go, Height Force Gauges.
- Must have a basic fundamental understanding of mathematics.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand fluent English.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to follow standard QA procedures, knowledgeable of Quality terminology and able to fill out QA documentation correctly and legibly (including FAI’s, QI’s, NCMR’s, and other
documents as needed.).
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office such as Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Will have cross functional experience in some of the following areas: RGA, Assembly, Receiving Inspection, Bulk pull off shore outsource inspection and Molding.
- Can develop intermediate level Excel spreadsheets and enters data into Excel such as part history, in-house efficiencies, and defect rates.
- Has working knowledge of Statistical Process Control.
- Can perform in-depth product or warehouse audits.
Education and Experience:
Two year certificate in a scientific discipline from an accredited college or technical school preferred, however, candidates with a High School diploma or GED and at least 3 years QA experience in a manufacturing environment will be considered. QA experience in a plastics and/or injection molding environment a definite plus.