- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resilient - Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Risk Taker - Ability to take calculated risks or to stretch the limits of comfort zones.
- Self-Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Team Building - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Tenacious - Ability to hold steadfast and complete a goal.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline from a four-year college or university
5-8 years of experience in the design or maintenance of appliances or equivalent products. Experience with gas-fired or refrigeration appliances preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes Email, AS/400, SolidWorks, Finite Element Analysis, and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid TN Driver's license. First Aid/CPR Certificate. PE license preferred.
Understanding of fuel gas combustion appliances, refrigeration systems, heat pumps, and heat transfer. Familiarization with agencies including CSA and AHRI. Materials knowledge in sheet metal, metal castings, and coatings. Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.